[yocto] what is the proper way to build with fedora rawhide/gcc-5.0?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Mar 31 14:41:42 PDT 2015

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015, Khem Raj wrote:

> > On Mar 31, 2015, at 12:54 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> >

> >  i asked about this a few weeks ago, finally getting back to it ...
> > for better or worse, i'm running fedora rawhide, updated to the point
> > where i have gcc-5.0.0:
> >
> > $ gcc --version
> > gcc (GCC) 5.0.0 20150208 (Red Hat 5.0.0-0.10)
> > Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
> > warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
> > $
> >
> > which causes a number of build issues trying to build for something as
> > simple as qemux86.
> >
> >  first, there is a linemarkers issue with gcc-5.0 that i got around
> > by adding to local.conf:
> >
> >  CPPFLAGS_append= " -P”
>
> This should not be required. Can you post the failing package with
> error details it should be fixed.

  for people not sure what i'm talking about, this issue was
identified back in feb at red hat:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-February/207549.html

the package that initially tripped me up was ncurses-native, and
ncurses is indeed mentioned in that lengthy list of packages.

  i can try another build without "-P" and note the packages that fail
if that's useful, although i assume anyone else can trivially do the
same thing.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca