[yocto] remove package from sdimg

abhishek srivastava abhishek.embsys at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:52:52 PDT 2015

hi
i have created core-image-sato sdimg for my project on raspberrypi.
actually, i want to run few applications that need python. i want to remove
unnecessary packages that were required for smooth compilation of those
applications since I downloaded entire python and gcc packages which had
heavily increased size of my sdimg size.

how can i find which applications requires what packages for its normal
functionality so that i can further tweak my sdimg or keep exactly those
libraries that are needed for my application and remove rest.
please help

regards
Abhishek