[yocto] yocto master work-shared, kernel .config seems to have gone awol

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 23:37:44 PDT 2015

On 30/03/2015 21:27, Burton, Ross wrote:

> On 30 March 2015 at 18:36, Alex J Lennon
> <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk <mailto:ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk>>
> wrote:
>
>     I'm updating to Yocto master and have been seeing that when I
>     bitbake -c
>     devshell virtual/kernel I go into a work-shared tree now.
>

> The devshell drops you into whatever ${S} is for that recipe, which
> for the kernel is ${STAGING_KERNEL_DIR} since the kernel
> optimisations.  For the kernel yes, this is sub-optimal.  Maybe the
> kernel should override this using the variable I added (as Bruce
> mentioned).

Thanks Ross, Bruce for the feedback and pointers. I shall work through.

One thought - it might perhaps be helpful to have two command variants
to easily drop into either place from the command line without having to
worry about environment variables?

e.g. bitbake -c devshell-shared and bitbake -c devshell or some such?

Regards, Alex