[yocto] yocto master work-shared, kernel .config seems to have gone awol

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 10:36:48 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm updating to Yocto master and have been seeing that when I bitbake -c
devshell virtual/kernel I go into a work-shared tree now.

(This is all with meta-fsl-arm)

I'd normally change the kernel configuration with bitbake -c menuconfig
virtual/kernel then pull out the .config and make my changes to
defconfig as needed.

But I can't seem to find it any more, either in work-shared or if I
traverse to the work tree.

No doubt my own stupidity here but where is it supposed to be nowadays?

Could anybody point me to a discussion on how things are going to be
broken out into work-shared and (presumably) work so I can get up to speed?

Not finding the configuration I thought I'd try generating a kernel
fragment with bitbake  -c diffconfig virtual/kernel from the Yocto docs
but I can't see a fragment.cfg anywhere in the tree

I guess this could all be just that meta-fsl-arm isn't quick in sync
with current the current master? (assuming it's not the more likely
explanation that I just have this plain wrong)

Thanks,

Alex