[yocto] RPM Packaging

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 00:21:41 PDT 2015

Hi,

I want to create custom rpm packages for the iMX6Q device
(cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6). I have to create two types of packages:
either pre-built arm binaries to be packed or packages containing only
bash scripts. There is no need of cross-compiling while packaging for
my cases.

I'm building the packages on my Ubuntu system. When I specify ->
BuildArch: cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-mx6, and try to create a package
(rpmbuild -ba SPECS/foo.spec), it complains  "error: No compatible
architectures found for build".

For my case: rpm does not need to cross-compile but just do the
packaging. How can I force rpm to believe the architecture that I'm
specifying?

Any inputs will be of help.

Regards, Pj