[yocto] populate_sysroot and sstate question

Vuille, Martin (Martin) vmartin at avaya.com
Tue Mar 24 15:22:33 PDT 2015

Poky Daisy 1.6.1

I have a custom package of font files and a custom recipe to install then
into ${libdir}/fonts.

I don't want these files in the sysroot, as they are not necessary there,
they are only required on the target, and they make the SDK larger.

In my recipe, I defined an empty populate_sysroot task to override the
default behavior of copying the font files to sysroot (presumably because
they are in ${libdir}).

Today, I came across the fact that this results in an empty populate_sysroot
sstate tarball, which causes a setscene error if I need to use the sstate for
that package later.

Is there a better way to suppress populate_sysroot without breaking
setscene?

MV