[yocto] Including Static Libraries from sysroot in an autotools based package

Priya Agarwal priya_agarwal at students.iitmandi.ac.in
Thu Mar 19 02:04:29 PDT 2015

Hi,

I need to link some libraries which are in sysroot into my source code.
These are usdpaa libraries.

I added DEPENDS += "usdpaa" in .bb file.
Apart from that also changed the Makefile.am of my source to include the
following:
area_LDADD = -lusdpaa_of
Then I ran aclocal, autoconf, automake --add-missing and retarred my
package.

When the package is being built from recipe, do_compile fails.
So this means that libraries are not getting linked by just doing the above
changes. What else I need to change?

I think this problem is specific to autotools based projects as when I
include the libraries during the gcc command they are easily included.

do_compile() {
    ${CC} check.c -o check -lusdpaa_of
}
link to area.bb