[yocto] File in append recipe not installed

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 13 01:17:55 PDT 2015

On Thursday 12 March 2015 18:01:16 Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2015-03-12 17:21, p_j_r_m wrote:
> > I've tested it, but the problem is the same.
> > My bbappend recipe is not even called ,so it does not matter what i put in
> > it. Why is not called?
>
> Please don't top-post :-(
>
> How do you know that your bbappend isn't being used/called?  If you name it
> incorrectly, e.g. base-files_3.0.99.bbappend, you should get an error
> telling you that there is no base-files_3.0.99.bb which matches.  Hence if
> it's named base-files_3.0.14.bbappend and you get no error, it *is* being
> used.
>
> Please show exactly what is now in your layer (as below).  It's really easy
> to make a mistake with a '_' instead of '-'.

Also, one way to tell for sure whether it is being parsed is to use:

  bitbake-layers show-appends

If it's not listed there, check that the layer shows up in:

  bitbake-layers show-layers

If the layer doesn't show there, check if it has been correctly added to
bblayers.conf. If it is, check that your layer.conf is setting BBFILES such
that bbappends in the directory you placed the bbappend in will be picked up.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton