[yocto] running task only for native but not target?

Koehler, Yannick (HP Networking) yannick.koehler at hp.com
Thu Mar 12 12:05:13 PDT 2015

I have a package that produce a binary that I need for native, and an C header file that I need for target.

I put the following do_install function to install appropriately the bin or header according to the class:

	do_install_append_class-target () {
	        install -d ${D}${includedir}
	        install -m 0755 ${S}/ifrpc.h ${D}${includedir}
	}

	do_install_append_class-native() {
	        install -d ${D}${bindir}
	        install -m 0755 ${S}/ifrpcgen ${D}${bindir}
	}

but is there a way for me to disable do_patch/do_configure/do_compile only when building for the target?  I have tried the following without success:

	do_configure_class-target[noexec] = "1"
	do_patch_class-target[noexec] = "1"
	do_compile_class-target[noexec] = "1"

It appears the OVERRIDES do not apply here, any hint on how I can achieve this?

--
Yannick Koehler