[yocto] Linking of external libraries in the recipe

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:39:08 PDT 2015

> On Mar 12, 2015, at 5:30 AM, Priya Agarwal <priya_agarwal at students.iitmandi.ac.in> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have taken a recipe for the package squid from OpenEmbedded.org and have built it along with the kernel image.
>
> Now I want to edit its recipe so that it will include some external libraries.
> But these libraries are the ones that are generated during the build. So how do I edit the recipe to include those libraries?
>
> Location of library:  ../yocto/<build-directory>/…………/libusdpaa.a

You need to write another recipe which is packaging/building these libraries and installing them into ${libdir}
then you will create a DEPENDS += “the new recipe name” in a bbappend for squid bb file.
then you will modify squid accordingly to consider linking these new libs may be via modifying LDFLAGS or going into the squid makefile system
and adding it there.