[yocto] should bitbake manual mention other task flags like file-checksums, ...?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 12 04:30:20 PDT 2015

Hi Robert,

On Thursday 12 March 2015 04:22:58 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   bitbake user manual, section 3.6, provides a list of task flags, but
> there are a few others that aren't mentioned there, is it worth adding
> them or are they adequately obscure that readers don't need to know
> about them?
>
> * [file-checksums]

So, I'm in two minds about this one - it's largely an internal implementation
detail, but if we did document how the file checksum stuff works then we should
document the flag since most of the implementation for that is actually in
BitBake - IIRC the only missing bit that is in OE is the bit that actually
sets this flag on the appropriate task (do_fetch for OE).

> * [lockfiles]

Yes this one should be mentioned I think.

> * [sstate-inputdirs]
> * [sstate-outputdirs]
> * [sstate-plaindirs]
> * [sstate-lockfile-shared]

Shared state is pretty much entirely an OE concept rather than a BitBake one
and thus these wouldn't be appropriate for the BitBake manual, but they ought
to be covered in the shared state documentation in the Yocto Project Reference
manual - they are at least referred to in examples but at the moment there is
no actual reference for them (which we should have).

> and i already mentioned that [recideptask] was missing from that list.
> are there any others?

It's not unlikely that there are others, yes.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton