[yocto] Set Default Kernel Version Q

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Mar 11 05:20:58 PDT 2015

On 2015-03-11 4:47 AM, Albert K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set the PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto = "3.17%"  in the
>
> ~/porky/build/conf/local.conf but it does not seem to be working.
> Where can I set so that the default kernel version is used (currently
> is compiling with kernel 3.14 with dizzy).   Thanks.

Try making the override board specific, there's nothing special about
the way that the kernel preferred version works compared to other
variables.

So if you are building qemux86 (as an example), just do:

PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto_qemux86 = "3.17%"

and assuming that the 3.17 recipe is available, it will work
(that's cut and pasted from my local.conf :)

Cheers,

Bruce