[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2015 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Mar 10 08:18:51 PDT 2015

Attendees: Armin, Stephen, Bruce, Cristian, Saul, Ross, Richard, Denys, Michael,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.8_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Features

YP 1.8 M3 rc3 - We have a number of Medium+ bugs; but none appear to be blocking M3.  QA report should be out today.

YP 1.7.2 collecting for more patches.  Targeting a May release.

YP 1.6.3 rc1 should start building today.

* SWAT team rotation: Beth -> Saul

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

Richard - Patch quality is now at all-time low.  This puts a lot of burden on the maintainers trying to merge patches.  This creates a bottleneck in trying to get patches merged.

Richard - The multi-media changes added have affected our build performance.  We are looking for fixes and identified the source of some and are looking into others.

* Team Sharing - 10 min

Stephen - YP 1.9 features planning will begin in the next couple of weeks.   Please insure you identify any enhancements you want for YP 1.9 and insure they are in bugzilla.

Armin - OE conference is planned in San Jose right after ELC. See: http://openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM_2015.  Need to get the conference topics finalized.   If you have topics you want discussed, please submit them.

We encourage people attending the meeting to logon the Yocto Project IRC chancel during the meeting (optional):

Yocto IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#yocto

IRC Tutorial: http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/irctutorial.html

Conference Details:

Company:           WIND RIVER SYS

Ready-Access Number: 8007302996/9139049836

Access Code:     2705751

For International numbers see: https://www.yoctoproject.org/tools-resources/community/weekly-technical-call

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com