[yocto] : Kernel panic issue for 'armv7athf-neon' target variant.

Prashant Purohit prashantpurohit025 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 06:24:57 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to boot kernel image for 'armv7athf-neon' using QEMU.

To do the same, I have included the 'tune-arma7.inc'
(/meta/conf/machine/include/arm/arch-armv7a.inc) and configured DEFAULTTUNE
variable to 'armv7athf-neon'.
I am successful in building the kernel image and QEMU for this variant but
when I try to boot the image using runqemu, I am getting kernel panic error.

The log for the same is attached with this mail.
Has anyone faced the same issue previously or has any inputs for it?

Regards,
Prashant