[yocto] 2 images with single Bitbake recipe

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Mon Mar 9 12:56:46 PDT 2015

Hi Khem,

On 03/09/2015 09:31 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

>> On Mar 9, 2015, at 12:22 PM, Nikolay Dimitrov <picmaster at mail.bg> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I need an advice for the following Yocto use case.
>>
>> My system has to boot via minimal initramfs and then must use the full
>> rootfs. I can use 2 separate recipes to generate the 2 images (minimal
>> initramfs, complete rootfs), but I prefer to create all my build-
>> products via single bitbake command.
>>
>> So, is it possible to build these 2 images with 1 recipe, and if "yes"
>> then how?
>>

> Look at how initramfs http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-tasks-bundle_initramfs
> and also meta/conf/local.conf.sample.extended

Thanks for answering. INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE doesn't achieve what I
need, instead it merges the kernel image and initramfs in a single
file. What I need is, instead of invoking:

bitbake myproduct-image
bitbake myproduct-initrams-image

to invoke:

bitbake myproduct-combined-image

...which should create 2 separate images.

Regards,
Nikolay