[yocto] New gst-player

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Mar 5 06:19:52 PST 2015

On 5 March 2015 at 14:10, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> Given that it's the same file being played on the same hardware,
> shouldn't both programs need to be doing the same conversions, etc?

In theory, yes.  I note that in this pipeline GStreamer is using libav to
decode the video and then displaying it using GL, so maybe that's a
difference and mplayer isn't using GL but something else.

You can manually construct a pipeline using 'gst-launch-1.0 playbin
uri=file:///... video-sink=[some sink name]' to try different sinks.

Ross