[yocto] New gst-player

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Thu Mar 5 05:40:36 PST 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> Sadly, it doesn't build with the libav we have in OE-core :-(
>
> BTW, I measured the current used by my board (i.MX6Q)
>   mplayer2 => 1.8A
>   gst-play => 2.1A
> Given that I normally run my board with a 2.0A wall brick,
> it's no wonder that it dies when I run gst-play.

ouch. that's quite a difference. when you play video this is no just
about the decoders, but also how video is rendered. can you
check/compare what's the overall pipeline, including any processing
done on the video buffers (YUV) after the decoder (including up/down
scaling, color conversion, ...).

cheers
nico