[yocto] SDK generation issue

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 3 02:31:00 PST 2015

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 10:26:46 Raghavendra Kakarla wrote:
> When i Built SDK for YOCTO, I am getting a cross compilation tool chain.
> With which i am able to build the applications for my platform. I wanted to
> confirm, whether SDK means  a toolchain to build the applications or is
> there something more (such as documentation, libraries, etc generated for
> our platform)

The SDK will contain all libraries, headers and debugging symbols for the
contents of the image specified with -c populate_sdk. It won't contain any
documentation by default, though you could add it by setting SDKIMAGE_FEATURES
e.g.

SDKIMAGE_FEATURES = "dev-pkgs dbg-pkgs doc-pkgs"

(the default value set with ??= is "dev-pkgs dbg-pkgs")

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton