[yocto] Avoid creation of .sdcard images.

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Fri Jun 26 17:39:42 PDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

On 06/27/2015 03:30 AM, Daniel. wrote:
> What you mean about deployed? They are compiled but doesnt go to
> tmp/deploy folder?!

Exactly. In my project I also don't use the sdcard image, but I just
have to leave it because of the previously described behavior.

Guess how I discovered it :D (hint: tried to optimize the build times
and disk usage).

Best way is to see for yourself. Just edit the file sources/meta-
yourlayer/conf/machine/yourboard.conf and put something like this:

# Shoot myself in the foot
#IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar sdcard"
IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar"

...and give it a try. It may be a good idea to fully clean your build
space (rm -fr cache sstate-cache tmp) before building, otherwise old
build products in tmp/deploy can fool you that a build is properly
done, while it was not.

> Im building to imx6 :/
>
> Em 26/06/2015 21:25, "Nikolay Dimitrov" <picmaster at mail.bg
> <mailto:picmaster at mail.bg>> escreveu:
>
>     Hi guys,
>
>     On 06/26/2015 11:32 PM, Daniel. wrote:
>
>         Hmm, this seems cleaner than setting whole IMAGE_FSTYPES, I'll try!
>
>         Thank you!

>         <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com>
>         <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com>>>:
>
>              On 2015-06-26 13:52, Leonardo Sandoval wrote:
>
>                  On 06/26/2015 02:45 PM, Daniel. wrote:
>
>                      Does any one knows how to avoid the creation of .sdcard
>                      images? This ones
>
>                  The variable controlling the type of output images is
>                  IMAGE_FSTYPES, so you can redefine it under your
>         local.conf. To
>                  see the current content, you can do
>
>                  $bitbake -e <your image> | grep IMAGE_FSTYPES
>

>              Just add this line to your local.conf
>                 IMAGE_FSTYPES_remove = "sdcard"
>

>                      takes a lot of diskspace and I have to delete it
>                      periodically, which gives
>                      headaches about cleaning everything every time. A
>         have an
>                      50GB partition
>                      and from month to month I get out of disk space. :(
>
>                      Thanks in advance
>

>              --
>

>         --
>         /"Do or do not. There is no try"/
>         ///*Yoda Master*/
>

>     Removing "sdcard" from IMAGE_FSTYPES will prevent virtual/kernel and
>     virtual/bootloader from being deployed, and most of the time we need
>     them, so be warned. At least this is how things work on imx6 builds :D.
>
>     Regards,
>     Nikolay

Regards,
Nikolay