[yocto] [poky] Automatic Upgrade Helper Announcement

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Fri Jun 26 08:13:29 PDT 2015

On 06/25/2015 11:02 PM, Aníbal Limón wrote:
> I'm glad to announce the enabling of Automatic Upgrade Helper (a.k.a.
> AUH), the AUH is a service
> that provides recipe upgrades and will be run on weekly basis.
>
> If you are a maintainer (listed in [1]) you will receive AUH emails with
> Recipe upgrades when AUH
> detects that upgrade is needed.

I'm currently doing a related activity - going through oe-core recipes
in alphabetical order, and making sure that upstream version information
for them is correct.

I've found a few cases where the upstream check is performed on a stale
directory (so the recipe is reported 'up to date' even though it's not),
or the reported upstream version is totally bogus [1], or the upstream
version is 'unknown' even though it can be retrieved with a correct
entry in package_regex.inc. Expect patches to come this way soon.

[1] http://recipes.yoctoproject.org/rrs/recipedetail/155/

Alex