[yocto] is there a doc section on yocto distribution creation/versioning?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Jun 25 09:43:47 PDT 2015

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015, Bryan Evenson wrote:

> Robert,

  ... snip ...

  backing up just a bit, i'm *assuming* this is a reasonable question
to ask, yes? if one wants to build for a custom product, one assumes
that product will have versioned releases and bug-fix releases, all
possibly based on some combination of different YP layers, each which
might have local enhancements, and all wrapped up with custom config
files. so defining a workflow to handle all this seems like a
reasonable thing to ask for. i'm surprised it hasn't already been
written up somewhere.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca