[yocto] Help using bitbake to compile a custom package.

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at cdi.com
Tue Jun 16 16:58:06 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to port an in-house piece of software in my Yocto tree. I managed to create a rudimentary recipe file that grabs the tar ball from the local disk and attempts to compile using:

host $ bitbake -f -c compile example

>From the output I infer that the tar ball got unpacked and a make executed in the source code tree.

However, my build fails because a number of libraries are missing.

For example, the libuuid library seems not to be found. How do I verify that this library is available in my Yocto tree?

If not, how to determine what recipe do I need to build to get it installed?

How do I make sure that the header files for the library are also installed?

I'm assuming that once a library is built using the right bitbake recipe, it is available to the code that calls it. If not, how is that configured?

Thank you,

Rafael