[yocto] Can not compile u-boot with meta toolchain

mar.krzeminski mar.krzeminski at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:16:26 PDT 2015

Hi,

I've got problem with compiling u-boot usind SDK.
I am building image for my platform, then I am running commnad bitbake
meta-toolchain.
In result I've got:
   CC      examples/standalone/hello_world.o
   LD      examples/standalone/hello_world
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: cannot find -lgcc
make[2]: *** [examples/standalone/hello_world] Error 1
scripts/Makefile.build:421: recipe for target 'examples/standalone' failed
make[1]: *** [examples/standalone] Error 2
Makefile:1145: recipe for target 'examples' failed
make: *** [examples] Error 2

In yocto environment u-boot builds fine.
I've also tried
unset LDFLAGS
unset CFLAGS
unset CPPFLAHS