[yocto] sstate black hole?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jun 16 06:21:05 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-16 06:36, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 June 2015 04:47:53 Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> I agree this would be nice, but for this to work we'd probably need to
>>> introduce a typing system within bitbake so that it can understand that
>>> this variable is a space-separated list. That is something we will
>>> probably do at some point for a variety of reasons, but I don't know that
>>> it's something we will get to soon.
>>
>> Is there some way to solve this in the recipe itself?  I can see that
>> it needs to make sure that those values are provided for each of the
>> [sub]class of processor, but is there a way to write it so that they
>> are only added once?  Perhaps a little bit of Python magic?
>
> Sure, you could use an anonymous python function with actual conditional
> statements instead of overrides to set PROVIDES here.

Thanks.  I found a much simpler way - I replaced the previous version by:
   EXTRA_PROVIDES = ""
   EXTRA_PROVIDES_mx6q  = " virtual/libgl virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2"
   EXTRA_PROVIDES_mx6dl  = " virtual/libgl virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2"
   EXTRA_PROVIDES_mx6sx  = " virtual/libgl virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2"
   PROVIDES += "virtual/wayland-egl virtual/libgal-x11 virtual/egl virtual/libopenvg virtual/libg2d ${EXTRA_PROVIDES}"

If the additions were unique, i.e. _mx6q was somehow different from _mx6dl,
I would have had to use the python function, but since they are all the same
this simpler way works just fine.

Thanks for the pointers