[yocto] [OE-core] Webkit-gtk will be updated to latest upstream; midori browser to be replaced with Epiphany

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jun 15 07:24:49 PDT 2015

On 15 June 2015 at 12:53, Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> So we are loosing last working browser around - what get's better
> except later is greater?

If you actually compare the build dependencies, you'll see that Midori and
Epiphany are actually almost identical.

We need to upgrade WebKit as the release we're shipping has known security
flaws and is very old - and the community is rightly moaning about that.
However Midori doesn't build with a recent WebKit... if you have an
alternative solution then your thoughts are welcome.

Ross