[yocto] multi-user shared state

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Thu Jun 11 07:28:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 06/10/2015 10:25 PM, Luke (Lucas) Starrett wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m trying to understand the feasibility of shared-state across multiple
> users in a development environment.  Does anyone have first-hand
> experience with this?  Am I asking for trouble?

Have a look here [1] 3.2.1.2. Core System Development, and [2]

I did have troubles in the past. When I built e.g. for 2 different
boards both using the same compiler and the same sstate funny things
happened when 2 machines tried to work on the same package at the same
time. But everything should be fine as long as things work sequentially.
Don't know if the sstate mechanism works concurrently in the meantime.

> If this is expected to work, a secondary question would be whether or
> not shared-state on a NFS mounted path works.  Any thoughts?

shared state works (and as a matter of fact everything on an nfs share
would work)

> Thanks,
>

> Luke Starrett

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/dev-manual/dev-manual.html
[2]
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#shared-state-cache

> --

Regards,

Robert

..."Teaching of beginners should be done by a master, not by a hack." -
Deming

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1