[yocto] Python3 failure using ctypes

Peter Bergin peter.bergin at tritech.se
Tue Jun 9 01:27:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

we are currently migrating from daisy to fido and I have experienced trouble with the package python3-ctypes. When I try to import the ctypes library on target I get the following output:

root at petber2:~# python3
Python 3.3.3 (default, Jun  8 2015, 11:21:29)
[GCC 4.9.2] on linux
>>> import ctypes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python3.3/ctypes/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: No module named '_ctypes'

The root cause of this is an error during the build of Python3. From tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/python3/3.3.3-r1.0/temp/log.do_configure:

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
autoreconf: 'configure.ac' or 'configure.in' is required
NOTE: _ctypes failed to autoreconf

The targeted machine for us is i.Mx6 built with the Freescale community BSP but I have also been able to reproduce the same thing with just building core-image-base for qemux86 only appending python3-ctypes.

Anyone having an idea around this error?

Regards,
/Peter

Peter Bergin

peter.bergin at tritech.se