[yocto] How to search for the .bb of .bbappen file in which a variable is set?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jun 8 01:07:47 PDT 2015

Hi Roberto,

On Sunday 07 June 2015 19:44:12 Roberto Saltini wrote:
> For example, I would like to know in which .bb of .bbappend file the
> variable PREFERRED_PROVIDER_u-boot is set.
>
> The only (dummy) way that I have figured out up to now is to use grep.
>
> Does anyone know a better way?

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_* wouldn't be set in a bb/bbappend file - this kind of thing
must be set at the configuration level.

The easiest way to find out where variables are set is to use bitbake -e. If
you pipe its output through less then you can search for variables and see the
complete history of how each variable's value got set.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton