[yocto] Yocto's udev not generating dev/dri/card0 file

Chen, Simon simon.chen at lmco.com
Thu Jun 4 10:07:50 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to integrate an external Radeon graphics card (E8860), and the FOSS xf86-video-ati driver, with the poky-dizzy-12.0.1 version of Yocto. I have the FOSS driver installed successfully with Glamor and udev enabled. However I am getting errors in my Xorg.0.log file, which says that the dev/dri/card0 device file does not exist. I've looked into the etc/udev/rules.d and the lib/udev/rules.d directories and could not find any rules for generating card0. I checked back in my udev Yocto recipe in meta/recipe-core Yocto build environment, and it seems as though there are already rules for card0 in udev.rules-I'm guessing they never made it through to the final Yocto image. I've tried entering my own udev rules in the Yocto file system via /etc/udev/rules.d/local.rules, but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone experienced similar problems?

-Simon