[yocto] Kernel config fragments are no longer applied after update to Fido

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 05:19:24 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 6:47 AM, Neuer User <auslands-kv at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have the following kernel recipe, which is based on some help from
> Bruce Ashfield last year:

> inherit kernel
> require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc
>
> SUMMARY = "Linaro Kernel 3.14 with additional machine specific patches"
>
> SRCREV = "91d5e90284ee69d219872e3ae42ae0eac417f7e9"
> LOCALVERSION = "-cubox-i+linux4kix+${SRCPV}"
>
> DEPENDS += "lzop-native bc-native"
>
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/linux-cubox-i:"
>
> SRC_URI = "file://defconfig \
>            file://videoin.cfg \
>            file://dvb.cfg \
>            file://networking.cfg \
>            file://wlan.cfg \
>            file://dm-crypt.cfg \
>            file://no-caam.cfg \
>            file://leds.cfg \
>            file://mod-to-builtin.cfg \
>            file://watchdog-nowayout.cfg \
>            file://brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin \
>            file://brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt \
> "
>
> SRC_URI +=
> "git://github.com/linux4kix/linux-linaro-stable-mx6.git;branch=${SRCBRANCH}"
> SRCBRANCH ?= "linux-linaro-lsk-v3.14-mx6"
>
> COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "(cubox-i)"
>
> KERNEL_IMAGETYPE_cubox-i = "zImage"
>
> SRCREV_machine = "${SRCREV}"
>

> This worked nicely under yocto daisy. Now, after I migrated my recipes
> to yocto fido, the recipe no longer seems to include the kernel
> fragments, i.e. everything runs without errors, but the fragments are
> not applied. (They are, however, copied to the build directory.)
>
> Any idea, what the problem is or how to debug/solve it?

The transition should have been seamless .. this is something that
works here and
something that was obviously tested as part of the release.

Is there somewhere that I can get a copy of the layer you are using
for your BSP ?
Otherwise, let me hack something up and try my own build.

Bruce

> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael

thee at its end"