[yocto] Smart package manager problems

Alexandru Vaduva Alexandru.Vaduva at enea.com
Tue Jun 2 08:50:20 PDT 2015

Hello guys,

I experiences a problem related to smart package manager that I wanted to discuss with you. I was interested in your feedback, knowledge of this and maybe advices on how should we proceed further.

The bug I experienced can be duplicated with the information available in the "patch-info.txt" file attached to this email.
I also attached the log of the error for easier read in the "image-build-info.txt" file.

After some careful investigation I discovered that the problem is caused by the smart package manager, after the install_complementary function call when it in fact tries to call smart with "install --attempt -y" arguments. It is not able to see the fact that those packages were already installed and tries to do it again.
This error behavior might also be related to the problems mentioned here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/yocto@yoctoproject.org/msg24279.html
and https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/1238492

Thanks again for all your help. If any further information would be required I will be more than happy to share it.

AlexV