[yocto] Question regarding python, _sysconfigdata.py, and building C extension modules on the target...

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Mon Jun 1 19:47:19 PDT 2015

Hi,

While building a python 2.7 C extension module on the target (e.g.,
python setup.py build) I found that I needed to modify
/usr/lib64/python2.7/_sysconfigdata.py to successfully build the module.

I modified both CC and LDSHARE.  For both, I removed
--sysroot=/build/yocto/<project>/tmp/sysroots/<machine>'.  And for
LDSHARE, I added -L/lib64, so gcc_s could be found.

I'm wondering whether this is expected behavior or perhaps a bug.
Perhaps I should have setup my environment differently for building a C
extension module on the target?

I would appreciate any advice on the best way to rectify this so I can
use a non-modified, generated rootfs to build C extension modules on my
target.

I'm using poky fido (508c4cac320d) and building with a Freescale t1040
64bit (meta-fsl-ppc).

Thanks

Bob