[yocto] arm-none-eabi toolchain

Lukas Weiss lukas.weiss at janitza.de
Thu Jul 30 22:25:21 PDT 2015

Hello,

i need a arm-none-eabi toolchain on my yocto host/build system. Ive tried
to use the arm-poky-linux-gnueabi, but it does not support the arm version
+ format i need:

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld: unrecognised emulation mode: thumb
| Supported emulations: armelf_linux_eabi armelfb_linux_eabi

My Linux runs on a ARM9 (armv5e, elf), I need cortex-m3 (armv7m, thumb).
Where do I get that? I do not find any documentation about *additional*
toolchains to generate code like peripheral-firmware in my yocto
environment.

a) How do I get the toolchain in by yocto host?
b) How to i tell the bitbake-tool to use that toolchain on a certain
receipe (PACKAGE_ARCH, TARGET_SYS, ... )?

Do you have any hints?

Regards,
Lukas