[yocto] Conflicts between init-ifupdown and connmand? and static ip configuration

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:53:19 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm using Poky 1.7(Yocto Dizzy) and I see that both (init-ifupdown and
connmand) is installed. Since connmand starts at boot it mess the
configurations placed on /etc/network/interfaces. Isn't this a bug? I think
is confuse to have two packages that do same thing installed at same time,
also, since connman is a new project, users may be fooled by connmand
messing /etc/network/interfaces configuration, as I was.

To get static ip working I remove the execution permission from
/etc/init.d/networking and use connmanctl config <SERIVCE> --ipv4 manual IP
NM GW. Wich seems an ugly work around for me.

I see that connman is pulled by connman-gnome that is pulled by
packagegroup-core-x11-sato, and that init-ifupdown is pulled by
packagegroup-core-boot.

Best regards,
Cheers

--