[yocto] GRUB Problem Changing Timeout in CFG file

Lorin Vandegrift vandegriftlorin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:15:02 PDT 2015

Hi all,

What is the best way to set the timeout for the GRUB boot menu through
yocto? I know if you add the line 'set timeout="0"
to /yocto/poky/meta/recipes-bsp/grub/files/cfg, it will set the timeout to
zero, but how do you do that without modifying the meta layer? I want to do
the same thing but within my own layer. I have tried make a .bbappend file
to /meta/recipes-bsp/grub/grub-efi_2.00.bb to replace the SRC_URI with our
own modified "cfg" file, but no luck.

We are also using unetbootin to install the image onto the usb disk for
installation. Does this overwrite any grub configurations?

Thanks!