[yocto] Using wic from a Bitbake task

Usman, Fahad Fahad_Usman at mentor.com
Sun Jul 26 10:24:53 PDT 2015

Hello,
Is it possible to invoke 'wic create' command from a bitbake task. As
currently it is implemented to be run as a standalone tool and if we
invoke it from a task, the 'bitbake -e' command fails, since more than
one instances of bitbake cannot be run from a single build directory.

We want to emit an SD card image as part of build artifacts when an
image recipe is built. And we don't want to use the
boot-directdisk.bbclass as it's going to be deprecated in favour of wic.

Thanks,
Fahad Usman.