[yocto] Sftp deploy hangs when using dropbear and yocto fido.

Adam Sherman adam at alembicinst.com
Sat Jul 25 07:42:17 PDT 2015

Will let you know on Monday.

I suppose all this implies that Qt Creator has its own sftp client, since
file transfers work outside of the IDE. In that case, I should find out
what protocol version this internal client is using. Not sure how to do
this... Perhaps the server on the embedded host can tell me with debug
output enabled?

Thanks,

Adam.
On 15-07-24 19:20:22, Adam Sherman wrote:
> Måns Andersson <Mans.Andersson at ...> writes:
>

> > Does anyone know about a problem with dropbear and openssh-sftp-server
on
> Yocto Fido?
> >
> > After upgrading my build from Dora to Fido the deployment of builds from
> QtCreator (3.2.2) to my qemuarm
> > build stopped working. It just hangs waiting as if it's working, i.e. no
> error message. I've switched
> > toolchains and emulator images from my Dora and Fido builds back and
forth
> and the only common denominator
> > when it doesn't work is when using the Fido qemuarm build. Regular SSH
> connections and manual sftp
> > transfers (i.e. not initiated by Qt Creator) works, which just makes it
> even harder to debug.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > // Måns
> >

> Just to let you know, I have the same behavior with QtCreator (3.4.2) /
> trying to deploy on the Armadeus APF27 embedded Linux Arm Platform
> (Buildroot 2015.02 / Dropbear / openssh sftp server).
>
> Similarly, stand-alone sftp transfers outside of QtCreator work just fine.

openssh 6.9 has changed some default ciphers and I see that it may not
work directly with older openssh servers, I wonder if you have same
problem with dropbear. Whats the openssh client/server versions involved on
your host ?