[yocto] Sftp deploy hangs when using dropbear and yocto fido.

Clay D. Montgomery clay at montgomery1.com
Sat Jul 25 08:30:19 PDT 2015

On 7/24/2015 2:20 PM, Adam Sherman wrote:
> Måns Andersson <Mans.Andersson at ...> writes:
>
>> Does anyone know about a problem with dropbear and openssh-sftp-server on
> Yocto Fido?
>> After upgrading my build from Dora to Fido the deployment of builds from
> QtCreator (3.2.2) to my qemuarm
>> build stopped working. It just hangs waiting as if it's working, i.e. no
> error message. I've switched
>> toolchains and emulator images from my Dora and Fido builds back and forth
> and the only common denominator
>> when it doesn't work is when using the Fido qemuarm build. Regular SSH
> connections and manual sftp
>> transfers (i.e. not initiated by Qt Creator) works, which just makes it
> even harder to debug.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> // Måns
>>
> Just to let you know, I have the same behavior with QtCreator (3.4.2) /
> trying to deploy on the Armadeus APF27 embedded Linux Arm Platform
> (Buildroot 2015.02 / Dropbear / openssh sftp server).
>
> Similarly, stand-alone sftp transfers outside of QtCreator work just fine.
>
> Adam Sherman

   I am curious why continue to use dropbear anyway?

   The openssh-sftp-server will likely work better with openssh than
with dropbear.

  Openssh uses only about 3MB more per session than dropbear, which is
small unless you need a lot of simultaneous sessions.
I think dropbear is a relic from when systems had less RAM.  Just
curious.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Regards, Clay Montgomery