[yocto] Missing certificates

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Jul 24 13:17:14 PDT 2015

On 2015-07-24 14:09, Christopher Larson wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com <mailto:gary at mlbassoc.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2015-07-24 13:30, Aníbal Limón wrote:
>
>         Hi Gary,
>
>         What version of python do you use?.
>
>         Since 2.7.9 cert checking is enabled by default causing this kind of errors. [1]
>
>         [1] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0476/
>
>         Kind regards,
>               alimon
>

>     I'm using the stock python 2.7.9 from Poky/Yocto master:901be2cb69892595443ed41ab4be285932db15eb
>
>     Is there an answer for this that's a bit less intrusive?
>     Perhaps there could be a DISTRO or even IMAGE feature to
>     enable/disable this checking?
>
>     The pep you referenced mostly talks about why this was changed
>     and how to disable it - manually within the python code itself.
>     What I don't see is where/how/what to change/import to actually
>     let the full certificate checking happen.
>

> I think the better bet is to fix it so it actually finds the certs from ca-certificates rather than bypassing certificate checking, personally, but I can see how that would be a
> useful workaround. :)

I tried this same code on my Ubuntu 15.04 desktop and it looks
like they've disabled it in the main python http[s] code - there
were no certificates examined during the transaction as far as
I could tell (strace is my friend)

I'll see if I can figure out how to stitch this together with our
[Poky/Yocto/OE-core] setup for OpenSSL and ca-certificates.