[yocto] Exporting kernel header from patch

Gamma.Dean at Emerson.com Gamma.Dean at Emerson.com
Thu Jul 23 10:54:06 PDT 2015

I didn’t find “rm_work” in any of my conf files so I don’t think that’s the issue.

It appears that STAGING_KERNEL_DIR just doesn’t get rebuilt from sstate which I can understand since it isn’t needed by default.  I found a way to set up the dependencies to build it when needed and I started a new thread over on the oe-core list titled “Rebuilding STAGING_KERNEL_DIR from sstate cache” regarding that.

Thanks!

From: Daniel. [mailto:danielhilst at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:03 PM
To: Dean, Gamma [NETPWR/FL]
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] Exporting kernel header from patch

Just a guess,

Did you have INHERIT += "rm_work" in your local.conf?

Cheers,
- dhs
Em 22/07/2015 18:36, <Gamma.Dean at emerson.com<mailto:Gamma.Dean at emerson.com>> escreveu:
When using a shared sstate cache which has the previously built kernel it appears that STAGING_KERNEL_DIR does not get populated – in my case there is no tmp/work-shared directory at all.  If I have modified the user space app to look there for a header is there some dependency I can add that will force STAGING_KERNEL_DIR to get built?

If not, perhaps the best answer is your other proposed method of just adding the header to an additional path in sysroot.