[yocto] raspberry Pi core-image-sato

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Jul 22 17:23:18 PDT 2015

On 2015-07-22 16:16, Edward Vidal wrote:
> Hi
> Still having errors with bitbake core-image-sato

You must have added something to your image - core-image-sato does
not include libepoxy by default.

> This occurs at
> | checking for X11... yes
> | checking for EGL... no
> | configure: error: Package requirements (egl) were not met:
> ERROR: Task 4856 (/home/vidal/wkg/yocto/RaspberryPi2/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/libepoxy/libepoxy_git.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
>
> I tried adding /conf/machine/raspberrypi2.conf which I found on the internet.
>
> +PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl ?= "vc-graphics-hardfp"
> +PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 ?= "vc-graphics-hardfp"
>
> This caused several more errors.

Which you failed [again] to list :-(

> Any and all help is appreciated.

To get libepoxy to build:
   % bitbake userland -c cleansstate

Then apply this patch which fixes a problem with libepoxy using
the wrong python3

After that, I got it to build for RaspberryPi-2