[yocto] New/unfamiliar messages

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jul 20 08:39:31 PDT 2015

On 20 July 2015 at 16:28, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

>   NOTE: Stamp
> /home/local/rpi2_2015-03-05/tmp/stamps/i686-linux/dbus-native/1.8.16-r0 is
> not reachable, removing related manifests
>       ... many more
>
> What do these mean and should I be worried about seeing them?

That basically means that e.g. the dbus-native in the layers is newer than
the version in the sysroot, so it is now removing dbus-native 1.8.16 from
the sysroot so it can later install 1.8.<something newer>.  Now this code
has pretty much proven itself we can probably remove those messages.

Previously it just wrote over the top and hoped for the best, with logic to
error out if one native recipe wrote over another recipe's files.  This was
good for determinism but bad for moving files between recipes or renaming
recipes (which was impossible).

Ross