[yocto] Problem overwriting default kernel config values

Ryan Soussan ryansvb91 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:35:29 PDT 2015

Hello,
We're having a problem overwriting the default linux kernel config values.
We tried adding our own .cfg file to our layer and appending it to the
source url of the linux-yocto bitbake file.  The variable in our case is
not getting overwritten though (changing CONFIG_ATH5K=m to =y).  Here's
some relevant output from mismatch.txt:
Value requested for CONFIG_ATH5K not in final .config
  Requested value:  CONFIG_ATH5K=y
        Actual value:     CONFIG_ATH5K=m

And basically the same error message in missing_required.cfg.  So it looks
like yocto is seeing our request but ignoring it.  The source code for
these messages is located here:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/yocto-kernel-tools/tree/tools/kconf_check

We were following the instructions for editing the config file located in
the linux directory of the meta-skeleton layer in poky.   Any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan