[yocto] Kernel header files missing

Louis Ryan irish_guy at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:18:25 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to do loadable kernel module development using the yocto produced sdk.

I can create the sdk and it works fine for application development.

There appears to be some header files missing for kernel module development.

These are the steps I went through ( I am using Beaglebone Black )

mkdir bb-yocto
cd bb-yocto
git clone -b daisy git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git
cd poky
source oe-init-build-env build

vi conf/local.conf
MACHINE ?= "beaglebone"

bitbake core-image-minimal

bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk

cd tmp/deploy/sdk

./poky-eglibc-x86_64-core-image-minimal-cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.6.3.sh

some header files I want to use fro kernel module development like kernel.h, kdev_t.h appear in

/opt/poky/bb-linux/sysroots/cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/linux

but some are missing like, module.h, device.h, cdev.h,uaccess.h.

Is there something else I need to do to get the missing files?

Thanks
Louis