[yocto] Yocto with meta-java. Multiple providers problem.

Eirik Solberg Hamnvik eirik.solberg.hamnvik at tomra.com
Tue Jul 14 23:04:16 PDT 2015

So I am trying to add the meta-java (http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-java/) to my image with yocto. Just to get it to build I have not yet deleted any of the recipes which comes along with it.

When I try to run: bitbake -k core-image-sato

I get this error:

"ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/javac-native (/home/frank/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/ecj/ecj-bootstrap-native.bb virtual:native:/home/frank/poky/meta-java/recipes-core/jikes/jikes_1.22.bb). This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should."

and:

ERROR: The recipe ecj-bootstrap-native is trying to install files into a >shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest >location are: /home/frank/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sysroot-providers>/virtual_javac-native Matched in manifest-x86_64-jikes-native.populate_sysroot Please verify which recipe should provide the above files."

In my build/conf/local.conf file I have set:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-native = "jamvm-native"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/javac-native = "ecj-bootstrap-native"

PREFERRED_VERSION_openjdk-7-jre = "75b13-2.5.4"

PREFERRED_VERSION_icedtea7-native = "2.1.3"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_openjdk-7-jre = "openjdk-7-jre"

I have seen several discussion about this problem but none of the solutions helped me. Usually they answer that I need to set the PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-native in my local.conf or distro.conf. I have tried both of these solutions, but without any luck. Also, most of these discussion where 5-6 years old (guess they're a bit out-dated).

Can anyone help me?