[yocto] Seeking feedback on great results with OpenOCD and a multi-core Yocto BSP / Dev board...

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Tue Jul 14 06:09:50 PDT 2015

Hi,

Looking through the OpenOCD mail lists, I see that a lot of people get
some basic access with various ARM-based SoCs but seem to have various
problems with multi-core or stability / reset issues.

I would greatly appreciate finding out about excellent results with
OpenOCD and any particular modern, multi-core SoC reference board that
is also a Yocto reference platform.

In other words, I wold like to identify and acquire a multi-core Yocto
reference platform that I can perform kernel debugging on all cores and
board bring up ( re-flash ) without blazing my own trail of new OpenOCD
patches and trial & error.

Thank you,

Bob

P.S. I see there is an enhancement bugzilla entry ( 7281 ) to "Add
OpenOCD JTAG support" to the Eclipse plugin.  That could be very nice.