[yocto] Which is the best strategy to customize Qt configuration?

Pampolini Matteo matteo.pampolini at selex-es.com
Mon Jul 13 07:23:28 PDT 2015

Hello everybody,

my name is Matteo and I'm writing from Italy.

I'm involved in a project that requires a very customized Linux installation and I think Yocto is the best choice for this purpose.

I was able to build and run some images from Poky 1.8 reference and now I'm trying to create my own one, with a custom configuration of Qt for X11.

In particular I would like to remove Phonon support to avoid GStreamer/GLib dependencies: the quickest (and bad) solution was to modify meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4.inc file and it works, of course.

But in order to follow Yocto guidelines and learn the right approach, I would like to create a new layer and, with proper use of .bbappend files, create my own Qt custom configuration.

Now I'm in trouble a little bit because I do not exactly now which Qt-related files should be included in my layer and how they should relate with the provided ones, may you please help me?

Many thanks in advance for your kind support,

Matteo