[yocto] populate_sdk and kernel headers

Benjamin Fleming bfleming at meteorcomm.com
Wed Jul 8 10:05:41 PDT 2015

Ok,
adding kernel-devsrc to my IMAGE_INSTALL caused the kernel source to be included in the SDK. Unfortunately, it is now also included in the target image.
I found adding kernel-devsrc instead to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK gave me what I wanted (/usr/src/kernel in the SDK but NOT in the target image)

Also, I really only need the kernel headers (similar to the linux-headers packages in Ubuntu) for developing out-of-source kernel modules. Is there is a different package I should be using?

Thanks,
Ben