[yocto] Unset a variable

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 6 08:55:56 PDT 2015

Hi Craig,

On Thursday 02 July 2015 15:07:44 Craig McQueen wrote:
> I'd like to make a distro config file, derived from conf/distro/poky.conf.
> But in my case, DISTRO_CODENAME is not really something that can contain a
> meaningful value, so I'd like to unset it. How can I unset the variable?
>
> (This affects the format of VERSION in /etc/os-release. I guess
> alternatively I could modify it in a os-release.bbappend)

So, I was going to suggest just setting DISTRO_CODENAME = "" in your distro
config file, but it seems that the author of os-release.bb has prevented that
since they look to see if the variable is even in the datastore.

To me this is a bug, and we should fix it. As a workaround until then though
you could bbappend os-release.bb and set VERSION to whatever formatted value
you prefer.

Cheers,
Paul

--