[yocto] Multiple conncetion to svn (svn+ssh)

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Jul 6 08:04:57 PDT 2015

Paul,

Sorry, I grabbed the wrong variable.  I meant BB_NUMBER_THREADS, not PARALLEL_MAKE.

> Something that might work would be to set a lockfile on the do_fetch task
> such that only one of the recipes could fetch at once. That could not allow
> two executing at once, but at least it would solve the problem. e.g. you could
> add this to all of the recipes:
>
> do_fetch[lockfiles] += "${TMPDIR}/mysvnlock.lock"
>
> (The file name isn't critical, it just needs to be the same for all of the recipes
> you wish to participate in the exclusive fetching.)

I had no idea that we could do this.  I don't see any documentation on lockfiles anywhere.
If you use a lockfile, do the all recipes with the same lockfile wait until the lockfile is available
before continuing on with that step?  Is there a timeout for waiting for the lockfile or does
the recipe wait indefinitely?

Regards,
Bryan